The European Commission delivered a presentation on Career Management Skills (CMS) at Cedefop, Thessaloniki (8th June 2018). A major EU study ‘Future of Guidance’, led by DG Employment, Social Affairs & Social Inclusion, is planned in Autumn 2018. The study will focus on:
(1) How should career guidance evolve in response to the likely impact of the ‘future of work’ on the working population?
(ii) What areas of career guidance policy and delivery would benefit from greater co-operation or action at EU level?
- Cooperation and coordination of stakeholders
- Legislation and organisational rules
- Service delivery concepts and tools
- Lifelong guidance provision.
Task 1: Develop a high-level, informative overview of impact and visibility of lifelong guidance policy and activities in the EU
Task 2: Information collection and synthesis of information on recent advancements in lifelong guidance practices
Task 3: Interviews/dialogues with policy stakeholders,practitioners and experts
Task 4: Policy recommendations
- Key principles of effective and relevant lifelong guidance in the context of the changing labour market and society
- Key areas for potential EU action (‘the European dimension of guidance’)
Cedefop’s network for lifelong guidance and career development ‘CareersNet’ focuses on lifelong guidance and career development – http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/events-and-projects/networks/careersnet
The second meeting held in Thessaloniki (8th June 2018) examined ways of collecting comparable and reliable information on a European scale in the field of lifelong guidance and career development issues. The gathered information and analysis aims at identification of gaps and solutions, beyond a snapshot of national guidance systems.
Some the themes emerging: career management skills; validation and guidance #validation; and supporting adult learning and qualifications.
At this stage, my role is to gather intelligence on the four home nations (UK) policy strategies and examples of good/interesting practices. If you want to send me some examples email: [email protected]