Cedefop Executive Director Jürgen Siebel presents the Agency’s activities in the context of the coronavirus crisis to the European Parliament’s Committee on Employment and Social Affairs
He sets out key findings from CareersNet lifelong guidance experts during the pandemic – https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/videos/cedefop-executive-director-european-parliament-committee-employment-and-social-affairs In the video see from minute 7.34 onwards.
Some highlights include:
- Countries with multi-channelled systems in place have been highly responsive / quicker in adapting to the new normal
- Universal access has been a priority for EU countries with new strategies emerging to increase access and to reduce deepening inequalities, address psychological barriers, support for SEN individuals and families
- Co-operation and collaboration with a broader range of stakeholders includes examples of TV and radio campaigns.
- Increased digital engagement and diversification of services
- Greater attention required to digital skills of citizens and career development specialists.
Here’s a copy of the earlier report from CareersNet – https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/files/2020_05_27_llg_and_pandemic_cnet_b.pdf