CareersNet was created to collect comparable and reliable information on a European scale in the field of lifelong guidance and career development issues. The gathered information and analysis aims at identification of gaps and solutions, beyond a snapshot of national guidance systems.
Deirdre Hughes was formally appointed by Cedefop as the UK expert on lifelong guidance and career development issues. She has now completed four home nations Country Reports. These sit alongside 22 other European Country Reports – https://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/country-reports/inventory-lifelong-guidance-systems-and-practices
Overall the gathered information and analysis aims to:
- Provide access to harmonised, comparable evidence, based on transparent criteria;
- Provide access to detailed information on relevant practices and promoting their transfer and adaptation;
- Inform design and implementation of Cedefop tools in the area of lifelong guidance;
- Facilitats cross-national comparative analysis of national systems and initiatives;
- Support countries in national policy development through identification of gaps and possible solutions.
Analysis undertaken will support countries in national policy development while exploring to their best interest existing European policy initiatives and tools. CareersNet also provides the opportunity to produce insights on career development activities embedded in distinct policy fields, such as education, training, youth policies, validation of skills, adult learning and labour market policy.