On 22nd May 2018, Senior Associate Karen Adriaanse delivered a keynote presentation (on behalf of Dr Deirdre Hughes) to a group of over 6o staff from the National Collaborative Outreach programme (NCOP) operated by Go Higher West Yorkshire and Leeds City Council’s careers and enterprise advisers.
The aim of the event was a training day for the staff to :
- Learn more about current Careers and Higher Education landscapes
- Explore common themes between each other’s areas of work
- Build networks between the two partners.
Karen’s presentation was themed around:
- Highlighting some of the recent changes and priorities in Careers and Higher Education with particular reference to the Gatsby bencchmarks
- Current challenges facing Careers Education in schools and colleges
- How partners from the LEP; schools; business and higher education institutions can work together to build the skills and talents of young people in future jobs
The keynote was followed by two 45 minute workshops.
For further details contact:http://www.gohigherwestyorks.ac.uk/
If you want to know more about how we can support your important work, simply get in touch with us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org